Sunday, December 19, 2010

Trout For Dinner By Tom Stanley Janca

Pitter pat, pitter pat, the rain on the car roof sounded like that.
Woke from my nap by the lightning loud snap, pitter pat, pitter pat.
The sky is now dark, with rain all about.
My dad is down stream catching a trout.
The wind was huffing and puffing way up the hill.
Pine trees were bowing out in he field.
Pitter pat, pitter pat, to pow, pow, pow, pow,
when big white marbles started to fall.
The rain turn to hail and ground turn to white
and it's cold as the snow and almost night.
Pow, pow, pow, pow, I am still real warm I stayed in the car.
Dad, he is still catching those fish, you know how they are.
Knock, knock, knock, knock, on the car window door.
Please let me in , I don't want to fish anymore.
See all my trout, ten big ones today.
It's time to warm up and have trout for dinner, what do you say?
Pitter pat, pitter pat, I knew he was going to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment