Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Eagles Nest By Tom Stanley Janca

When eagles could carry little boys away.
It happened to me one day.
I'm only here because of the bargain I made.
I swore I would hurt them no more.
I did laughed and mocked them,
Like it was my job to chase them away,
But not no more.
I thought I was big and they couldn't get me,
But not no more.
I Shot at them high in their nest with my sling shot,
But not no more.
I heard them squeal and squawk, when one stood up tall.
I remember his eyes he looked at me square.
He spread his very large wings and dove straight for me,
He wouldn't dare.
My life flashed before me and I knew I was wrong.
I dove between the rocks and held on so long.
The eagle swooped down and I could tell he was sore.
In that moment I swore I would hurt them no more.

Copyright Tom Stanley Janca 2004

1 comment: