Sunday, February 6, 2011

LITTLE DESERT PRINCE By Tom Stanley Janca

There he was at the top of the peak.
To be where he was you can not be meek.
I watched the young sheep from my spot at the creek.
Though my cameras eye was somewhat unique.
I watched him, run, jump, dance and prance.
He was a young prince I could tell by his stance.
The land below would be his home as far as he could see.
His family was all around teaching him the way to be.
Pure joy radiates as I watched him posture against the sky.
He is oh so spry.
I feel his pure heart, his love of family, of life, from the creek way below.
Standing so proud, so expectant of the good life that surrounds him so.
I heard his call, "ba baaa, ba baaa, ba baaa."
I knew it meant, Look at me! Look at me! Look at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment