Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A young Black Skimmer learning to skim.


I saw my first Skimmer near San Diego Ca. that was about 1980. There after I told a tale of a strange and very talented Bird. It flew at night through the cables, posts
boats, rigging's, docks . It flew very close to the water and skimmed out little fish as streaked the water with its beak. It would hit a fish and quickly catch it and not catch little sticks and small trash in the water. The streaks in the water was what I noticed first. I gazed over the boats and docks I would see white streaks in the water finally they flew right by me and I was amazed by their precising flying at night. I did some research to find out what kind of bird. Now 30 years after that I finally got to see two more and I was not disappointed. They were just like I remember. I was so glad I could get some pictures of them. There were some little kids chasing them and they were so agile in such a small area, fighter pilots could take lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment