Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Walk Like This" Charley Brown Pelican said.


Some time ago I visited another pelican. After watching many of them fish near the pier. Some came to rest on the pier. I was awed by their skill to catch small fish tossed to them by some fishermen there on their way home. They never missed a fish even when they were tricked. A few years later I wrote a poem about my visit.
... da daah...
THE FISHER . by Tom Stanley Janca
One day when I was at the sea, this old pelican said to me.
I love to fish. I love to fly. I love to take a dip.
I love to catch those little fish and swallow them with a flip.
I love to turn around and turn around and shake my tail and flutter.
Now it's time to go and fly and fish and dive into the water.
I love to fish. I love to fly. I love to take a dip.
I love to catch those little fish and have them for my supper.
I love to turn around and turn around and shake my tail and flutter.
It's time to go, a kick, a step, I'm in the air, its time to leave the water.
Into the air into the sea a thousand times or more.
Now you know why? I sit on this rock it is to rest upon the shore.
© Tom Stanley Janca.

1 comment: