Monday, August 22, 2011

Spirits Of The Trail Of The Dead

Long ago there was a trail to California. The southern route was called the trail of the dead. Much of it was along the Gila River through western Arizona and many people died from the heat and lack of water on this trail. And Now! People are dieing again in the same way and place. For the same reason to find a better life. I noticed that the rocks looked like a family walking a long the trail. Can You see those images on the mountain? The Gila River is just over the mountain. This Image always reminds me of all the people who lost their life and love ones along this long forgotten trail. And history repeats itself today In the same way.


This photo is an original photo by Tom Stanley Janca. An original printing of this photo can be purchased for $.25 per sq.In. The maximum size of photo is 48X32 smaller proportional sizes are available. The price includes shipping on orders over $100.00  by USP ground all other charges are extra. This photo is not framed. It comes in a tube for shipping. The choice of paper is 140 lb textured water color paper and art canvas The canvas is $.30 per sq.in. 
1 24x20= $120.00 water color paper 
1 24x20= $144.00 canvas
Also Some Custom Printing can be done.
 Contact Tom at  tomjanca@gmail.com 

Copyright Tom Stanley Janca

1 comment:

  1. Camino del morte

    I found my great grandfathers sandals upon time's sand.
    I bent down low feeling my father's burden
    stretching out my hand an infant again
    wonder wraps me under desert skies
    as cactus needles of bewilderment prick grasping fingers as sandals walk away with no flesh or bone.
    I am alone it seems but camino del morte hides a million expired streams as life an water evaporates under del Sol.
    Footsteps so common and easy to follow make the washin basin hollow and lift the mountain above the well worn way of camino del morte.

    Yet would I face the blazing sun an leave this trail of tears so well worn by mans millennium years where distant summer rains might yet bless me so

    I'll finish later and maybe fully in Spanish. Keep writing

    ReplyDelete